Individual and Group Counseling, Play Therapy, Case Management and Advocacy
Helping Empower Children,
Adolescents and their Families
- This is a personalized one on one therapeutic time, with Children/Adolescents and their Parents, to assess the problem and set goals
- Provide a safe, confidential and non-judgemental place to talk about the pain, frustration and hurt that they have encountered
- Assist the Children/Adolescents/Families to learn new techniques and strategies to rethink behavior, problem solve and modify their behavior
- Be in a small group of 4-5 peers and the counselor so they see that they are not alone.
- Have a supportive environment to focus on symptoms and get ongoing support from their peers and counselor.
- Have a safe place to share and learn effective coping strategies.
- Assist Children/Adolescents to be creative with paper, wood, clay as this helps blend mind/body/thinking/doing which in turn fosters problem solving.
- Enable them to use play doh, paint, markers and other craft supplies to express themselves
- Encourage and teach them to use simple stick figure drawings to reenact the scene and use that to show the Thinking/Feeling/Action connection
- Observe Children/Adolescents in their setting and see the dynamics going on.
- Discuss concerns with the various people involved to see if changes need to be made.
- Work on creating, implementing and evaluating these changes so the Children/Adolescents can reach their full potential.
- Assist Children/Adolescents/Parents to know their rights and what services they are entitled to receive
- Guide them so they are comfortable asking questions and speaking up if it does not feel right
- Enable them to remove the obstacles that impede their growth.